Our team has had an incredible few weeks filled with conferences at Think Realty Houston, Pitbull’s National Private Lending Event in Key Biscayne, and then back to our own backyard in Newport Beach for Geraci’s Innovate Conference. As three of our favorite conferences, we’ve been busy building new relationships, introducing long-time industry friends to our Archwest Capital brand, and connecting over the latest industry insights. Here are the top takeaways that stood out to our team:
- Unsurprisingly, the industry is abuzz with how quickly rates have risen on long-term DSCR loans. Structuring debt in a rising interest rate environment is driving an even faster pace of activity, with investors eager to move quickly and lock in favorable rates.
- The rising rates are sure to have a large impact on long-term rental financing and will likely curtail the demand for this asset class. This brings opportunity as investors evaluate other focus areas.
- With investors assessing capital sources that are less susceptible to interest rate hikes, insurance capital – known for steadier rates – is receiving strong attention.
- There are several asset classes we expect to see garnering additional interest from investors in Q2 and beyond:
- Residential transition / fix-and-flip
- Ground-up construction for build-to-rent single-family residential (1-4 units)
- Ground-up construction for build-to-rent multifamily
- Short-term rental
Hands down, the best part of our work is the opportunity to connect with peers and learn from some of the brightest in our industry. We’re here as your partner to provide the creative and structured underwriting needed in today’s ever-evolving market. We deliver competitive terms offering lower rates, higher LTVs and a swift funding turnaround process.